Friday, April 19, 2013

New Post has been published on...





New Post has been published on http://www.hottytoddy.com/my-head-hurts-my-feet-stink-and-i-love-the-oak-ridge-boys/



My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Love the Oak Ridge Boys



Did you know William Lee Golden didn't always have that crazy-ass beard?

Did you know William Lee Golden didn’t always have that crazy-ass beard?



One time, the gospel-singing Tennessee boys helped pick Jimmy Buffett up from a hangover


By Tad Wilkes, Nightlife & Lifestyles Editor


tad.wilkes@hottytoddy.com


Legend has it they didn’t want to be credited in the liner notes, for fear their largely Christian audience might not get the joke, but the Oak Ridge Boys sang backing vocals on the funky classic “My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don’t Love Jesus.” The song appears on Jimmy Buffett’s 1976 album Havana Daydreamin’.


The Oak Ridge Boys would go on to hit big with “Elvira” in the early ’80s and more recently cover the White Stripes’ “Seven Nation Army,” while Buffett would devolve to covering “Brown Eyed Girl,” but as a general principle, everybody was better in the ’70s, and both were at the top of their game on this rollicking number:







via Tumblr http://hottytoddynews.tumblr.com/post/48380660910

No comments:

Post a Comment